Sunday, December 14, 2014

Easy@Home branded 50 Ovulation (LH) and 20 Pregnancy (HCG) Tests

Hey everyone. So I know I'm not the only one out here with this issue and I know most of my reviews start this way but really what is the point of having anything without it addressing a need? Yes I am more messed up than the average bear, but that works in your favor. Below is a screen shot of my period tracker. The key thing to notice here is the cycle lengths.
So I really am not 100% on how I've been lucky enough to have had three kids with this craziness going on. Never mind the fact that the long months have me running off to grab more pregnancy tests which are a total waste of 5-10 each! So needless to say when I seen the opportunity to review this kit I thought it was a fabulous idea and chance to spread the word about these. I mean if you are trying to have a kid you should be saving money not wasting it on expensive tests (not to mention polluting your future child's world with the stacks of bulky pregnancy and ovulation tests) 
When I got these I was a little surprised by what it contained. I'll admit I didn't look closely at the pictures before applying but it basically looks like a box full of big alcohol pads or something similar.
Nothing like the pee on a stick tests I'm used to. Now I've never actually used an ovulation test before but that's OK because it comes with a big sheet of detailed instructions on how to use both tests.


I am not actually trying to get pregnant at the moment ( Mom, Mama). Three is most definitely enough! But perhaps this could help me understand the insanity of my cycle a bit more and maybe help me to avoid it all together as well 
**note** It does state in the instructions that this is not meant to be used as birth control! I assume this is because of legal reasons and them not wanting to be sued by people trying to avoid the egg. 
So basically to use this instead of peeing on the stick you would use the other method and go in a cup and dip the tip of the strip in it. Set it down. Wait 3 minutes and read the results. For the pregnancy test  the second line makes it positive and a line is a line is a line. For the ovulation test shade matters, the darker it is the closer you are to ovulating. It says in the instructions that you should do the deed at least 24 but no more than 48 hours after a positive reading if you're trying to get pregnant so that seems pretty straightforward. It also gives you a handy (ish) guide of when to test so you don't waste a bunch which probably won't help poor inconsistent me very much but hopefully you are more regular than me (even if you are regular and irregular like long consistant cycles as opposed to my A.D.D. periods). 
I have to believe the reason this setnmis so cheap is because you are getting just the part you need and none of the plastic or batteries or even additional cotton most tests come with since reviews seem consistently positive about accuracy. (Again I'm not knocked up so as long as it says negative a pregnancy test would be accurate) but the ovulation test should be interesting so I will try that out until I get a positive. According to my tracker that should have been about 5 days ago but we shall see.
Inside the package is a test and a silica gel pouch in case you are like me and thinking that its filled with some kind of powder since you can here it shaking around in there. I went ahead and tried one of each and it seems I am neither pregnant nor ovulating at the moment (though there is a faint line so this may be a long month and it just hasn't happened yet)


I like how they are color coded too! I'm going to keep trying for a positive result on that ovulation test but for now the only thing left to say is this seems totally legit and a freaking awesome value. If you'd like to check it out yourself you can pick it up here.

2 comments:

  1. This blog is so nice to me. I will keep on coming here again and again. Visit my link as well..
    kims hospitals cuddles

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my first visit to your web journal! We are a group of volunteers and new activities in the same specialty. Website gave us helpful data to work. folic acid for pregnancy

    ReplyDelete